Location: Sunrise, FL
Avocent Corporation, a subsidiary of Emerson Network Power, is the leader in providing innovative software and hardware technology that rapidly helps customers link corporate and IT strategies. Our unique integration of innovation and simplification make the management of IT infrastructure a vehicle for value, insights, and results. We deliver IT infrastructure management solutions for enterprises worldwide, helping customers reduce costs, increase availability of network resources, and enabling control, security, and compliance.
We believe that growth and success are a direct result of the quality and skill of the people who work with us. We believe in encouraging and rewarding initiative. We are looking for people to join our global team to help us shape the future of IT infrastructure.
We are currently seeking a Java Developer.
This is a Full-time position that is responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
- Develops implementation of complex, multi-tier distributed software applications.
- Develops reusable components using Java/Spring Framework
- Provides leadership to less experience developers
- Works with Software Design roles within organization to implement agreed upon designs
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops implementation of complex, multi-tier distributed software applications
- Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Works with Software Designer roles within organization to implement agreed upon designs
- Provides leadership to less experienced developers
- Collaborates with internal partners on technical issues
- Analyzes and provides recommendations
- Works with senior leaders to establish strategies, projects, plans and project budgets
- Solid cross-group collaboration skills and has a history of working with internal partners on technical issues.
- Strong analytical skills and decision-making capabilities.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with and direct engineering decisions; Strong managerial presence and professional maturity
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work with senior leaders to establish strategies, project plans, and project budgets
- 5+ years development in object oriented design and application development using Java/J2EE
- Strong understanding of multi-threading concepts required: thread management, deadlock, thread-safe programming, and concurrency design patterns.
- Understanding of memory issues such as JVM Garbage collection concepts is required
- Strong experience with JUnit and other unit tests is required
- Strong knowledge of XML processing (DOM, SAX) required.
- Experience in distributed multi-tier systems and client-server architectures is required
- Experience with one or more Frameworks such as JSF, Hibernate, EJB or Spring
- Experience with one or more MVC Patterns such as Singleton, Adapter or Factory
Must have at least two of the following:
- Experience with Service Orientated Architecture (SOA)
- Experience with Oracle Jdeveloper 11G, J2EE, Java
- Experience with Oracle WebLogic Server (11g)
- Proficient in JAVA application development.
- Experience with Hibernate/TopLink or Spring
- Proficient in JAVA, EJB 3.0 development.
- Experience with JPA2
A Bonus Preference:
- Experience with Oracle Fusion Middleware Technology stack, BPM, SOA, ADF, OSB, OID, OVD, OES, Weblogic
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Related Technical Field Preferred
- 5 - 8 years of related experience preferred
- Build Relationships
- Fosters Teamwork
- Analyzes Issues
- Speed of Execution
- Deals with Ambiguity
- Drive for Results
- Provides Leadership
Imagine being surrounded by more than 110,000 intelligent, driven and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Our diverse and inclusive team combines technology and engineering in a wide range of industrial, commercial, and consumer markets.
This exciting environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $22.3 billion in sales and facilities in 141 countries. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Explore them now and join us in doing what’s never been done before.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.