Location: Sunrise, FL
Avocent Corporation, a subsidiary of Emerson Network Power, is the leader in providing innovative software and hardware technology that rapidly helps customers link corporate and IT strategies. Our unique integration of innovation and simplification make the management of IT infrastructure a vehicle for value, insights, and results. We deliver IT infrastructure management solutions for enterprises worldwide, helping customers reduce costs, increase availability of network resources, and enabling control, security, and compliance.
We believe that growth and success are a direct result of the quality and skill of the people who work for us. We believe in encouraging and rewarding initiative. We are looking for people to join our global team to help us shape the future of IT infrastructure.
We are currently seeking a Web User Interface Developer in Sunrise, Florida.
This position is a full-time position that is responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
- Responsible for design and implementation of high quality HTML5 User Interface solutions for Avocent software products.
- Provides leadership to less experience developers
- Collaborates with architects, engineers and human centered design to implement agreed upon designs
- Bachelors or Master's degree in computer science or related field
- Fluent in English. Other languages a plus.
- Proven verbal and written communications skills
- Solid cross-group collaboration skills and have a history of working with internal and external partners on technical issues
- Ability to engage and consult with parties to gather and document integration requirements
- Strong analytical skills and decision-making capabilities
- Candidate must be able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to communicate design rationale and influence others to move toward consensus
- 5+ years in HTML 5 User Interface design and implementation
- Experience developing responsive HTML 5 web-based user interfaces for products
- Experience with latest HTML 5 technologies and methodologies
- Strong Experience with all aspects of the Angular JS and Bootstrap Frameworks
- Experience developing responsive HTML 5 web-based user interface for products
- Experience with latest HTML5 technologies and methodologies
- Clear understanding of the HTML 5 and Javasript/ ECMAScript standards
- Clear understanding of the AngularJS architecture
- Knowledge of how to build reusable UI components
- Experience with UI scaffolding, build and development tools such as Yeoman, Node, Bower, Grunt and Gulp
- Experience with automated UI testing tools and frameworks such as Karma and Protractor
- Clear understanding of Cascade Style Sheet styling including fonts, colors and spacing
- Experience using CSS pre-processors such as Less and SaaS
Imagine being surrounded by more than 110,000 intelligent, driven and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Our diverse and inclusive team combines technology and engineering in a wide range of industrial, commercial, and consumer markets.
This exciting environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $22.3 billion in sales and facilities in 141 countries. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Explore them now and join us in doing what’s never been done before.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.