Location: Sunrise, FL
Avocent Corporation, a subsidiary of Emerson Network Power, is the leader in providing innovative software and hardware technology that rapidly helps customers link corporate and IT strategies. Our unique integration of innovation and simplification make the management of IT infrastructure a vehicle for value, insights, and results.
We deliver IT infrastructure management solutions for enterprises worldwide, helping customers reduce costs, increase availability of network resources, and enabling control, security, and compliance.
We believe that growth and success are a direct result of the quality and skill of the people who work with us. We believe in encouraging and rewarding initiative. We are looking for people to join our global team to help us shape the future of IT infrastructure.
We are currently seeking an ADF Senior Developer. This is a Full-time position that is responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
• Develops implementation of complex, multi-tier distributed software applications .
• Develops reusable components and ADF template based
• Provides leadership to less experience developers
• Works with Software Design roles within organization to implement agreed upon designs
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
• BSEE or CS or equivalent technical degree
• Fluent in English. Other languages a plus.
• 5+ years development in object oriented design and application development using either Java or C++
• Strong understanding of multi-threading concepts required: thread management, deadlock, thread-safe programming,
and concurrency design patterns.
• Understanding of memory issues such as JVM Garbage collection concepts is required
• Strong experience with JUnit and other unit tests is required
• Strong knowledge of XML processing (DOM, SAX) required.
• Experience in distributed multi-tier systems and client-server architectures is required
Must have at least two of the following:
• Experience with Oracle Application Development Framework ADF and Fusion Middleware
• Experience with Service Orientated Architecture (SOA)
• Experience with Business Process Management (BPM), and Business Activity Monitoring (BAM).
• Experience in developing ADF reusable components
• Experience with ADF Template
• Experience with Oracle JDeveloper 11G, J2EE
• Experience with Oracle Web Logic Server (11g) Team Lead Qualifications:
• Solid cross-group collaboration skills and have a history of working with internal partners on technical issues.
• Strong analytical skills and decision-making capabilities.
• Proven verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to work effectively with and direct engineering decisions; Strong managerial presence and professional maturity.
• Problem solving skills and the ability to work with senior leaders to establish strategies, project plans and project
• MSEE, CS or equivalent technical degree a plus
• Experience participating in process modeling (BPA) and design workshops, identifying opportunities for process
improvement in working with process analysts and the business users.
Imagine being surrounded by more than 110,000 intelligent, driven and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Our diverse and inclusive team combines technology and engineering in a wide range of industrial, commercial, and consumer markets.
This exciting environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $22.3 billion in sales and facilities in 141 countries. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Explore them now and join us in doing what’s never been done before.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.