Location: Sunrise, FL
As Manager of Architecture, you would lead a team of corporate architects responsible for the defining guiding architectural principles and standards for software, firmware, and hardware development. In addition your team would be responsible for providing architectural governance and design oversight of these products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leader in the evangelization of system architectures and technology
- Provides for oversight of designs and chairs design council and workshops
- Identifies and analyzes risk associated with projects and helps define risk mitigation strategies associated with the
- Perform annual organizational reviews
- Responsible for creating architecture budget and executing planned budget
- Aids in the negotiation and coordinating of proposals, plans, specifications, and schedules
- Define, document and maintain the business process architecture and full software development lifecycle for Trellis
platform using Service Component Architecture
- Provide leadership in designing applications using Java and J2EE and related
- Define, document and maintain the process integrations between Trellis applications, Common Platform Services,
Managed Service Subsystem and Common Data Model/Repository.
- Define, document and maintain the business orchestration and optimization for the Trellis business analytics layer.
- Implement the principles, directions and architecture standards as they relate to the business process solution framework
at the program/project level.
- Evaluate business process solutions, tools and technology frameworks to ensure flexibility to support incremental
development, ongoing maintenance and future enhancements to the system architecture.
- Understand and implement recommendations for program/project schedules and business process functionality to meet
technology and business process objectives without compromising the integrity of operations.
- Participate in meetings and workshops with clients to ensure that there are no gaps or inconsistencies in the initial
business process solution architectural design. Assist in technical reviews and inspections in order to insure that system
designs are meeting architectural standards.
- Provide and review time estimates in regard to proposed system/architectural enhancement projects.
- Create roles, job descriptions, organization and recruitment of Software Process engineers and Fusion developers.
- Provide mentorship, training and leadership to Software Process development teams. Work with Project Managers to
develop project schedules.
- Develop design documentation based on customer, product management and sales requirements.
- Perform and direct testing and troubleshooting
- Travel domestically and internationally 25% of the time
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Ability to communicate and influence others to move toward consensus
· Presentation Skills
· Financial Skills
· Critical systems thinking skills
· Knowledge of programming languages and architectural frameworks
· Knowledge of current technologies, trends and practices
· Understanding of software design and development methodologies
· Knowledge of software development design patterns and algorithms
· Knowledge of Data Center operations and facilities management is desirable
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering or Related Technical field preferred
· 5 years of leadership experience with engineering and architecture teams
· Background in large scale full lifecycle development
· Build Relationships
· Fosters Teamwork
· Analyzes Issues
· Speed of Execution
· Deals with Ambiguity
· Drive for Results
Imagine being surrounded by more than 110,000 intelligent, driven and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Our diverse and inclusive team combines technology and engineering in a wide range of industrial, commercial, and consumer markets.
This exciting environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $22.3 billion in sales and facilities in 141 countries. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Explore them now and join us in doing what’s never been done before.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.